Empower your people, Empower your business... ...is a programme for any small and medium sized businesses whether or not they have staff at the moment.
This builds and/or refreshes the skills and knowledge needed to get the best from the people in your business: staff, customers, suppliers, shareholders etc.
Coming Soon our online content, how to guides and workshops will provide theory, tools and techniques for all the main areas of people management and practical opportunities to work on them in your own business.
- Managing people effectively: legal requirements; your rights and obligations as an employer, contractor or even as a supplier
- Putting together a strategy to cover your plans for growth, day to day ‘disasters’ and the longer term future of the business
- Specialist areas such as recruitment, performance management, managing sick absence and difficult conversations
- How all these can directly influence and improve business performance
What you will get from the programme:
- The people skills you need to run a business successfully
- Understand the value of having a people plan for your business, including hiring and keeping talent and developing talent to support future plans
- Knowledge of your rights, obligations and tools for day to day staff management
- Best practice in staff management
- Know how to monitor individual performance and measure its contribution to business achievements
- Know how to recruit staff effectively to get the right person, with the right skills at the right time
- Know how to talk to staff in different situations and how to prepare for those discussions
- Understand how difficult situations arise and how to handle them
- Have a development plan to take this learning further
The associated workshops are available NOW, they are delivered in a fun but knowledgeable manner by trainers who have been there and done that, so you are able to ask relevant questions and understand their journey as well as network and problem share with like-minded business owners.
Get hands-on by attending one of our workshops built specifically for your business area, check out the full list of events here.